High phenolic EVOO is best enjoyed raw or lightly cooked to preserve its health benefits and flavorful taste. It’s important to keep in mind that high phenolic extra virgin olive oil has a low smoke point, so it’s best to use it in low to medium heat cooking applications.
Here are some our recommendations for cooking with high phenolic EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) in Mediterranean cuisine:
- Salad dressing – Mix high phenolic EVOO with lemon juice and vinegar for a healthy and flavorful dressing.
- Grilled Vegetables – Brush vegetables with high phenolic EVOO before grilling for added flavor and health benefits.
- Pasta dishes – Use high phenolic EVOO as a finishing oil for pasta dishes for a boost of flavor and nutrition.
- Fish and seafood – High phenolic EVOO is the perfect complement to delicate fish and seafood dishes.
- Soups and stews – Add a drizzle of high phenolic EVOO to soups and stews for extra flavor and richness.